Keeping Pets Out of the Garden

Category Pest Control
The soft, nicely turned earth of your gardens is good for your flowers, but it is also unfortunately quite attractive to your and the neighbor's pets. This is a page about keeping pets out of the garden.

If you can get your hands on a plant called Coleus Canina (hybrid) it is supposed to keep cats and dogs from fouling your vegetable and flower beds. I gives off an aroma which they hate.

By gardenfairy from Ireland

I have an 80 foot mobile home with flower bed's all around it. I wanted to keep my dogs out of the flowers, so I went to Lowe's and bought some wood lattice fencing (4 x 8 feet), as I couldn't afford the plastic kind.

First I tried to spray paint it, but it took too long. I decided there had to be a faster way. I got my gallon of paint and a roller brush and had it all done in about 15 minutes. I cut the fencing in half lengthwise to make them 2x8 feet.

It turned out very nice and looks so pretty!

By Barbara from Atlantic, VA

What is the best way to keep pets away from sown areas?

By anura from New Zealand

Answers

I read a tip here that I am going to try and that is using vinegar on paper or on rags; need to be sure and keep wetting it but the smell is said to keep all critters away! Hopefully this will work for me as well! Good luck!

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlOctober 2, 2012
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-Pets-Out-of-the-Garden-1.html