Keeping Tie Dyed Clothing Colors Bright?

My daughter did some food colouring tie dye yesterday and just loves the bright colours. We did not wash out the dye after, instead we put the clothing on the line to dry and then in the dryer to hopefully set the colours. We did firstly rinse the item in cold salty water. So my question is how can I make the colours hold their brightness? We do not want this to wash out if that is possible. Thanks.

Wash in cold water and line dry

I love tye dye it's so creative and fun, I have encountered the same problem. In the tye dye kits you get at Walmart included in them is a product called soda ash this apparently locks in the color and keeps it from fading, bleeding out on other clothing when washed. If you don't want to buy the whole kit, you may be able to find it sold separately if not at Walmart then your local craft store.

Crafts ClothingDecember 2, 2015
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-Tie-Dyed-Clothing-Colors-Bright.html