Keeping Your Pet Bunny Happy

Category Rabbits
Keeping your pet bunny happy can involve serving her favorite foods, providing toys and activity opportunities, and just spending time with her. This is a guide about keeping your pet bunny happy.

Does anyone know how to keep your bunny happy? How do you make them toys? I haven't found many websites online that I thought were good. I was hoping there is someone out there that would be willing to share their ideas with me to help me out. I have a busy schedule with all my exams and everything.

By bunny_puppy_animal lover

Answers

My bunny PeeWee always liked to have his head pet. He liked to eat bananas and enjoyed hiding in cardboard boxes (ones that were low to the ground, and it wouldn't hurt him if he chewed the box.) He also liked salt licks (at pet stores for small animals) and toilet paper rolls. Stuff shredded newspaper or hay in the roll. PeeWee would pick these up with his teeth and kind of toss them around by moving his head.

You can also put shredded newspaper or hay in a cardboard box. PeeWee liked to burrow under the paper or hay and it made a mess but we could always vacuum the mess up later (with him in the other room, don't want to hurt bunny's ears!) I hope these suggestions helped you. I had PeeWee for 4 years before he got sick and passed on and he was a wonderful pet!

Hi, My husband and I owned and raised pet and show rabbits for years. Rabbits love to chew. We would buy them alfalfa hay cubes [just alfalfa hay pressed into cubes about two inches (2 inches) square]. They loved them! Also, we would buy bales of alfalfa hay and put it in their cages. They would nibble on it and when really happy roll around on their backs in the hay. Since we raised them, we provided nest boxes. They loved to chew on the wood and we were constantly repairing them.

We have found that untreated pine is the best wood to buy if you wish to offer your rabbit wood to chew. Also, if you have any fruit trees in your yard, you could cut off a branch and place it in their cage. Just be sure any wood is untreated and any natural branches are free of pesticides. We are sure you also know that rabbits love carrots. We would buy the carrots with the tops and put the entire carrot, top and all, in with them. Of course, they ate through it quickly, but they really enjoyed it as a treat. We hope this helps. Good luck!