Feeding a Pet Rabbit

Category Rabbits
Choosing the right foods for your bunny is an important part of keeping your pet healthy and happy. This is a guide about feeding a pet rabbit.

My kids have just got two rabbits and I have no idea what to feed them. Please help.

By mc4lifes from Sydney, NSW

Answers

Best Answer

Go to the nearest feed store in your town and ask for a bag (small) rabbit food and a small round rabbit mineral block. They eat grass, lettuce, bread and so much more but to be save the pellets for rabbits are complete and will last you forever so put it in a dry place with a lid. Google ... care of and feeding rabbits as pets... or start with that.

I have an American short hair rabbit. Can they eat cabbage?

Answers

In small amounts, yes they can. Cabbage causes gas, which can upset your bunny's tummy.

So just give now and then in small amounts.

We have 8 baby rabbits that we have been helping our pet rabbit feed. When do we need to offer pellet food to the babies?

By Sharon from Westminster, S.C.

Answers

I recently was given a baby rabbit that had lost it's mother. I fed the baby for 2 weeks with a bottle and cats milk. Then I started decreasing the feedings and putting pellets in the cage, and in a couple of days he was completely on solid foods. Good Luck.