Keeping a Toddler Out of the Pantry

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 162 Posts

pantry doorMy toddler was constantly getting into the pantry and helping himself to crackers or other snacks the minute I turned my back to focus on dinner (he's self-sufficient to a fault). Between the ruined appetite, spilled boxes of cereal, and dents in the floor from dropped cans, I decided I HAD to keep him out. It seems like toddlers are far more adept at the door knob protectors than adults, and I needed a solution that didn't keep my older children out of the cabinet.

Taking a cue from my day care provider, I purchased a sliding door lock and installed it on the door. Now I can lock him out of the cabinet at will, but my older children still have access. Unfortunately, he's now moved on to the refrigerator :)

By Stephanie from Hillsboro, OR

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler AdviceJune 27, 2014
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-a-Toddler-Out-of-the-Pantry.html