Keeping a Toddler Out of the Pantry

My toddler was constantly getting into the pantry and helping himself to crackers or other snacks the minute I turned my back to focus on dinner (he's self-sufficient to a fault). Between the ruined appetite, spilled boxes of cereal, and dents in the floor from dropped cans, I decided I HAD to keep him out. It seems like toddlers are far more adept at the door knob protectors than adults, and I needed a solution that didn't keep my older children out of the cabinet.

Taking a cue from my day care provider, I purchased a sliding door lock and installed it on the door. Now I can lock him out of the cabinet at will, but my older children still have access. Unfortunately, he's now moved on to the refrigerator :)

By Stephanie from Hillsboro, OR

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler AdviceJune 27, 2014
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-a-Toddler-Out-of-the-Pantry.html