Kenmore Washer Not Spinning

My washing machine does not spin, it is a 15 year old Kenmore. Can I fix it myself?

By kolette from Youngsville, LA

Answers:

Kenmore Washer Not Spinning

Probably not. My washer quit spinning and agitating and I called the repair man. It took him about 20 minutes, but I was ready to go the same day I had the breakdown. It cost about $100, and was a small little part, but it was worth it. The part that needed replacing that causes the tub to spin often breaks on older machines. Mine is 10 years old. Just call a repairman. (02/27/2010)

By Louise B.

Kenmore Washer Not Spinning

Yes, you probably can fix it yourself! Most of the time it is a motor coupler. I just replaced mine. It washed and drained, but won't spin and you can hear the motor running. I went to parts store and picked up a motor coupler kit, for $18.00. It took about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. I guess I saved about $80.

You can find a guide on how to, all over the internet. Most of them explained step by step very clearly. FYI, my Kenmore 110 is a direct drive, so no belt to mess with. If your washer is not agitating, you probably need to replace agitator ratchet "dogs", cost about $5. (03/16/2010)

By bob.of.all.trades