Kids' Birthday Party Tips

Category Birthday
Planning a child's birthday party can sometimes seem overwhelming. This is a guide about kids' birthday party tips.

When my kids were small, I noticed that at every birthday party all the kids would crowd around the cake to "help" the birthday girl/boy blow out their candles. So for my son's birthday I had a small birthday cake for the birthday boy and made a special cupcake for each child attending.

Each cupcake was decorated with one candle and, with parents supervising, every child had a candle to blow out at the big moment. The kids were all excited to have their own special candle to blow out and no tears from the birthday boy because someone else had blown out his candles. I only wish I had thought of this years earlier!

Source: Experience. The best of all possible teachers!

By Chris Richman from Williamstown, NJ

I found a neat way to give each kid at a birthday party a great surprise. Instead of one big cake or in addition to your big cake, you can make them a small cake of their own. Buy a box of Ding Dongs (the round chocolate cupcakes with cream filling.)

Cut out circles of cardboard a little bigger than the Ding Dong and cover with foil, glue some small lace around the outside edge of the circle. Then place Ding Dong on cardboard. Now glue a small party favor on top of the Ding Dong with canned frosting to go with the theme of the party. This makes for easier clean up and is more portable for a party that is held in a public place.

By Debra in CO