Latex Paint Stain on Jeans

We were painting our walls when we were moving and my daughter got white paint all over her new jeans. Is there anything I can do to save her jeans? I thought about dyeing them. Please help.

By TRINA from Richmond, VA

I believe rubbing alcohol works.

If nothing you've tried is working, you might try Zout. It can be purchased in Safeway stores. Wal Mart did carry it in the past, but in our area, it no longer does. I had a pr. of jeans that had dried paint on them. The dried paint had been there for years. I treated it with Zout more than once and allowed it to sit for a time. Each time I treated the fabric, I took a toothbrush I use for the laundry and scrubbed the stain remover into the paint. Every bit of the paint came off! I did have to wash the jeans twice and scrub with the toothbrush, but I was very impressed! I hope it works for you.

Dye will not affect the latex paint. If this paint is dry, I think you might be stuck with it, but you could try the products that others suggest.

If those don't work, and the spot is only in one or two places, could you apply some decorative patches or embroidery?

Use rubbing alcohol and scrub, scrub, scrub! Works like a charm. :)

I had a black pair of skinny jeans that had about 4 spots of white (very) on it. A couple of spots were from the entire paint brush as well. All I did was spray shout triple acting onto all the spots, rub it in, wash it in cold water. Took it out of the wash, and the paint was gone. The paint had been dried on there for about 8 or 9 hours before it caught my eye. Maybe i got lucky? I don't kno, haha, but it worked for me! :)