Leaves on Avocado Plant Wilting

I have an avocado plant started from a pit. I have no idea what kind. It rooted great in water so we transplanted it into a small pot. A few months ago we transplanted it to a larger pot and have noticed the few leaves it has are wilting. It gets watered a bit once a week. Are we under watering? Does it need more sun? We are in Canada so it is in a room that doesn't get drafts or cold, but our whole house temp goes down to about 16 degrees Celsius at night in the winter. Do I need to move it to a room that stays warmer or gets more sun? It never had many leaves (it lost one after transplanting, but has always been kind of tall and skinny. It is about a foot and a half tall at this point.)

Stick your index finger in the soil up to the first knuckle. If it feels dry, water.

Hi,
It is possible that the plant could be doing this from either too much water or too little water. Avocado plants don't like soggy-bottomed planters (in fact, if the roots are black, they are probably dead).

They also need to have light. I would get a cheap lamp and place it next to the plant. This will give them something to grow towards. You might get a few more plants, of any kind, cheap ones, because sometimes plants get lonely.

--Robyn

the only time I ever got to have an avocado successfully grow into a plant it then died after I transplanted it to a new pot. It was most sad. I had to transplant it becase it needed more room but something about the process must not be good for them, without taking special measures of which I was unawares

possibly that's what's up with yours