Lemon and Herb Scones (Gluten-Free)
Add fresh herbs and a zest of lemon to gluten-free scones to turn traditional scones into delicious savory tea time snacks.
Total Time: 30 minutes, baking time included
Yield: 8 scones
- 2 cups Orgran all-purpose gluten free flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup plain avocado oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- Scone Coating
- yolk of one egg mixed with a bit of milk
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Lightly grease a baking tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spray the bottom of the cookie cutter with the cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, lemon zest and chopped herbs together.
- In an empty glass bottle, shake the oil, milk and egg together until it is well mixed.
- Use two knives to cut the liquid into the flour mixture.
- Dust a surface with a little bit of gluten free flour.
- Use your fingers to gently pat the dough into a 0.4" thick circle.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut scones.
- Repeat previous two steps if necessary until all the dough has been used.
- Spread the scones out onto the baking tray.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the top of the scones with the egg and milk mixture.
- Add a bit of sesame seeds to the top of each scone.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and grated cheese.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.