Lengthening Children's Clothing

Category Alterations
Children often outgrow their clothing in the length long before they outgrow the waist. This is a page about lengthening children's clothing.

Parents of small girls, don't throw away those jeans because they're a little short yet still fit everywhere else! I used spare fabric to make this top (just used one of her dresses for a pattern), and then sewed a cuff around the bottom of the pants to match.

The pants were getting short but still fit her in the waist. For the cuffs I cut a piece of elastic the size of the pant leg and then cut material double that so it would gather.

I sewed a casing for the elastic and hemmed the bottom. Then I basted it to the pant leg so that when she does outgrow this I can take it off and still sell or give away the pants. This is definitely a way to make those clothes last longer!

Source: Friend

By Tonya from Louisville, TN

Crafts Clothing AlterationsFebruary 27, 2013
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Lengthening-Childrens-Clothing.html