WillsLegal

Life Insurance Money

Category Wills

My father passed away when I was about a year old. I will be 18 in 2 months. When wil I get the insurance money that he has left behind for me?

By Tiana H.

How do you know he left life insurance for you, did he have a will or something? Just because there was life insurance that doesn't mean it was specifically for you alone, it could have been meant to help your care giver support you and however many other kids there were. You will have to talk to whoever is currently in charge of things. It will all depend on how things in his estate were worded. That being said, most kids of deceased people don't come into the money until they are 25, sometimes 35, etc.