Liver and Onions

When we want to have beef liver, I cook it with onion soup mix. First you dredge the liver well in seasoned flour (salt and pepper and others if you wish to use). Then I put it in my electric skillet in some oil. Then sprinkle on the onion soup mix (I use Lipton's), cover with water cook until done.

Remove the liver from the broth, bring the broth to a boil and make it into a gravy. Return the liver to the gravy and serve over rice, potatoes or noodles. We like it over potatoes the best.

By Madcow13690 from Star Lake, NY

Answers:

Liver and Onions

Nice, cheap recipe. My mouth's watering reading it! Haven't had liver for ages. (06/12/2009)

By patchs

Liver and Onions

When I fix liver and onions, I do mine different than anyone else that I know of. I soak my liver in cold water for about 5 minutes then drain it, then put it in cold water again for about 5 minutes. I do this about 3 times. It gets rid of that bloody taste, and my liver is always so tender.

Robin in TX (06/17/2009)

By catwoman1899