Locating the Lint Trap on an Old Dryer

I just moved into an apartment with a super old dryer. I am not sure what year it is. I've checked the inside and outside of the dryer for a lint trap and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I haven't removed lint from the dryer since I moved in maybe a month ago. Also, the dryer takes forever to dry anything! Any suggestions on what to do or where to look next for a lint trap? I'm sure it's way over due for a cleaning.

You may have to take the top off to find it. If it's not there, remove the front bottom panel.

See if you can find and write down the make and model and even serial number. Contact the manufacturer (if they're still in business). You may have to hunt down re-manned (re-manufactured) parts or investigate making a substitue.

As to heating? Check everything's hooked up the way it's supposed to be (with no gaps in the ductwork / venting). The heating portion may be worn out. Talk to your landlord about replacing it with a newer, second-hand appliance?

Maybe someone could help if you could give us the make of your dryer.

I would seriously consider not drying clothes until you find the lint trap.
Have you called your landlord? I think he would be very glad to try and help so that a fire may be avoided.

Can you post a picture of the dryer? Inside and out? Look on the top, outside sides and in the wall of the dryer on the front side. What kind is it? I had one years ago where it slid out the side of the dryer, on the outside.

See if it's in the dryer door.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJanuary 12, 2017
🎃