Magazine Holder from Bottled Beer Box
Bottled beer comes in very sturdy boxes. I used this one as a magazine holder.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- cardboard beer box
- spray adhesive
- cloth of choice (1/2 yard)
- colored duct tape
- Get yourself and empty beer box, one for glass bottles as these are more sturdy. Find the one perforated opening and break open. This is an already U - shaped opening needed to slip in your magazines.
- Trim off about 3 - 4 inches from the top or the shorter side of the box.
- Reinforce the handle hole on the other short side with duct tape.
- Take your box outside and generously spray with adhesive, only the four sides that will be covered.
- The top will be open and the bottom will not need glue. Eyeball or measure how wide you'll cut your fabric leaving about 1 inch overlap for the opening on the top.
- Lay your fabric in place and smooth with your fingers. This glue is easy to reposition so you can get it right. It's much like contact paper. Trim any long edges.
- Coordinate your duct tape so it will not be too noticeable. Tape down all the raw edges until it looks like the picture. I put a heavy book in the bottom on its side to give stability to the whole box and now it is ready for your magazines for the bathroom, garage, living room, or man cave.
By lnygaard from Billings, MT
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!