Main Dishes That Don't Use Mushrooms

Category Main Dishes
If you don't like mushrooms, then there are many good recipes that don't contain them or you can often omit them or substitute another ingredient. This is a guide about main dishes that don't use mushrooms.

I would dearly love to see some recipes for main dishes that don't include mushrooms or give a substitute for the mushroom soup and any type of mushrooms that are being used in the recipe. I can't be the only person in the world that doesn't like mushrooms.

Ettamae from CA

Answers

By Seagrape (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Leave out the mushrooms and substitute cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom.

Best Answer

The "cream of chicken" substitute works great, or pretty much "cream of" ... anything. Also, one of my old tricks for thickening things is using potato flakes. I haven't used flour to thicken in years; the potato flakes taste better and are better for you. Personally I love mushrooms, but if you don't there is no reason to use them. Generally you can substitute with just about any kind of meat, and if you don't like meat you can use tofu.

By Karen in NH (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I don't like mushrooms, either. I substitute cream of chicken for the cream of mushroom soup and I omit mushrooms from every recipe I come across.

Best Answer

You are not alone. I do not like mushrooms period. Cream of celery soup works for me. I omit mushrooms altogether. Works most of time. Lets start I hate Mushrooms Day.

Surfin Grannie from MD