Make Yourself Climb Stairs For Exercise

Great way to get fit? Try putting something in the basement, or up stairs that you use daily. Sounds silly, but now that we've added a playroom/computer room in our basement , I've lost 8 lbs!

Source: Just noticed the scale this afternoon, and realized I now climb stairs at least 5 times a day!

By Amy from Canton, Ohio

Answers:

Make Yourself Climb Stairs For Exercise

Also, use the stairs in commercial buildings, instead of the elevator. Doing so saves a wee bit of energy for planet earth, and burns a few calories and helps your heart rate. (02/02/2008)

By Paul

Make Yourself Climb Stairs For Exercise

This does work! I noticed it when we lived in a townhouse and had a small baby. He was upstairs and laundry was in the basement! Babies create a lot of laundry so I was up and down a lot, not to mention upstairs checking on him several times a day while sleeping. I looked good! Then we moved to a house with one floor and a basement. Even tho I do lots of laundry, I need those extra stairs again! (02/04/2008)