Making A Drinking Straw Necklace
Use colorful recycled straws to make this pretty necklace. This is a page about making a child's drinking straw necklace
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Who would think that a bunch of mundane drinking straws could be turned into something so pretty? This couldn't be easier to make and most children can join in the fun and make their own.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 handful of multi-coloured drinking straws
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 length of ribbon
- 1 large blunt needle
- You can use either paper or plastic straws. Cut them into short lengths to form beads.
- Get your running shoes on if your straws are plastic. Some of them will ping around the room as you cut them!
- Thread the beads onto the ribbon. You may find it easier to do this with a large blunt sewing needle.
- Tie the ribbon in a knot to secure.
- Then tie a pretty bow with the loose ends.