Making Beaded Earrings

Category How To
There are beautiful beads of many sizes available to fashion your own earrings. This guide is about making beaded earrings.

24 gifts for under $20.00. Make beautiful earrings as lovely Christmas gifts for her to wear all year round! Silver plated or 14K gold plated - OR - silver and gold toned findings. Almost every woman loves to get jewelry for Christmas. But times are getting really hard and we really can't afford such gifts, until now. With my easy steps, you can make precious stone earrings for all your loved ones.

Approximate Time: 3 Hours

Where to Buy:

Michael's or Joann's Fabric. If you go to either of theses stores, please go to their website and sign up for the mailing list and receive a 40% off one item coupon to save extra money!

Buying Tips:

You may use Michael's coupon at Joann's and vice versa. If you have the time, order your supplies off of e-Bay. Most Hong Kong sales take about 21 days to receive, but you can save up to 50% off your supplies. Start early and save more.

Instructions:

1. Take the semi precious stones, glass beads, and seed beads and lay them out in front of you.
  2. Get a feel for the colors and take your time to match them up. Choose the stones that you are going to make your first pair with. Set them aside.
  3. Remove 2 pin heads and 2 hooks from your packs of findings.
  4. Put the beads in order on the pin head. Make sure the pin head is large or small enough for the beads to fit (such as 1mm or 2mm or 3mm). Make sure the size fits. If the bead is too large for the pin, add a seed bead before adding any other beads.
  5. When you are done adding beads, leave enough space to bend the pin head with pliers, add the hook and bend the pin over to make one small loop and you're done!

Takes about 5-10 minutes per pair. Have fun and please look for my easy step necklace and bracelet gifts.

By Cathy from Bay Area, CA

I love long earrings. I think they look feminine and hope that they make your face look thinner. A girl can dream, can't she? These are easy to make, lightweight, and will go with a variety of outfits. At work or a night out on the town, every woman needs a pair of pearl earrings. Have fun!

Total Time: Less than 30 minutes

Yield: 1

Source: These came in a tiny jewelry kit I once bought from a grocery store years ago.

• jewelry needle nose pliers
  • jewelry wire cutters
  • 2 head pins
  • 2 eye pins
  • small length of silver chain
  • 8 tiny clear seed beads
  • 2 small clear glass beads
  • 2 medium sized pearl colored beads
  • 2 fish hook ear wires

1. You will begin by adding 2 seed beads and one larger clear glass bead to your eye pin like so.
  2. You will cut the wire here.
  3. Now curl the end with your pliers to secure.
  4. Ad

5. Carefully open the end of your ear wire and insert your bead stem, close the circle again.
  6. Now carefully open the bottom circle of your eye pin, insert 9 links of small metal chain.
  7. Close.
  8. Now put 2 small seed beads and one large pearl on the head pin like so.
  9. Cut here.
  10. Curl the end, placing the other end of the chain links on your wire before closing.
  11. All done!
  12. Now you can enjoy them or give them away as gifts. Don't forget to make 2!
  13. These are 2 3/4" long from the top of the ear wire to the bottom of the pearl.

Remember, you can easily change the look by varying chains and beads.

With only a few minutes and a few supplies, you will have these! They are lightweight and elegant. Using black and copper hardware and a pretty raspberry colored bead they make a nice accessory to dress up your look.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 5

My students and I developed this design when we were making earrings for a charity event. We ran out of pins to thread beads on for drop earrings so we improvised. The idea was simple but the end result are bouncy, animated and very frugal!

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 6

You can make these earrings whether you have jewelry making experience or not. They are quick, easy, and beautiful. Just grab a few supplies from your local craft store and you'll be making gorgeous earrings for a dime a dozen! Wear them, gift them, or sell them.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 5

I had some similar earrings and wanted to experiment and see if I could duplicate them, and also to design some other colors and give the earrings as Christmas gifts. I used what I already had in my bead box at home and this is the result.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 3

If you're bored with just beading bracelets and simple necklaces, try taking the next step and start making beaded earrings. You just need an ear hook with a loop to connect to. Then you need an earring body, or something to decorate. Then you need the decoration, otherwise known as beads!

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

I want to bead a tubular earring, that gets much thicker to the bottom of the hoop. I want to do something kind of like in the picture where the earrings get thicker at the bottom. Any ideas on how to make it?

Answers

This is something I know nothing about but I was given this site for you to check out as they have a lot of free patterns and you can send them an email about what you are looking for and they may be able to help. (I do not think the style you show is called tubular - but?). Sometimes you can take one style and adapt it to work for another style once you get the technique down.
Also, you should check out your local craft stores (JoAnn's, Michael's) as they have a good assortment of earring kits that have all supplies to help you get started. They many times also have classes on all kinds of crafts.

http://craftyin  an-earrings.html

http://craftyin  ns-earrings.html

It looks like there is a metal frame in a hoop shape holding these beads. If I were you I would go to a store like Michael's or Joanne's and ask them how to do it.