Making Bentwood Furniture

Category Woodworking
Interesting garden and household furniture can be fashioned by wetting wood, bending it, and letting it dry. This guide is about making bentwood furniture.

This was made out of bentwood. I used it as a BBQ table. It has a plywood top that is covered with broken tile. The tile can be found from a tile company. Most tile companies have scrap tile that is given away free like the one pictured. The wood can be alder, shown, or other scrap wood. The pot I also redid with broken tile for they were just cheap clay pots.

By Linda (Guest Post)

I would love to know how you made it. Were there plans for the table? I would like to try to make one.

I really like your cobblestone walkway. Is that from a cement kit? Or is it real stone? It looks great!

By Penny (Guest Post)

Just wanted to tell you that this table is absolutely beautiful. I'm assuming you created the whole table and I'm not familiar with bentwood creations.

Are there instructions somewhere for learning to this?

By sara (Guest Post)

I really like the table and would like to know how you made it. I know how to do the mosiac top but the base is lost on me.