Making Berry and Mango Breakfast Bars
Making these delicious kid approved breakfast bars is easy using the recipe provided on this page. Berry and mango jam is sandwiched between layers sweetened of oatmeal and flour dough. Adults will love them too.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These breakfast bars are very easy to make. They are perfect for on the go, as well as toddler/kid approved! Instead of making a full batch of a specific flavor, I made half berry jam and the other half mango for a variety. You could also use fresh or frozen fruit to make your own filling, if you have the time.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes - 50 minutes total (depending)
Total Time: Around 1 hour
Yield: 15x10 pan
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- mango jam
- berry jam
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut unsalted butter into cubes.
- In a large bowl, add all your dry ingredients and butter.
- Mix throughly. I find mixing with my hands is the most efficient.
- Lining your baking pan with parchment paper, pack the crust you made to bake. Save a little over a cup for the top crust.
- Bake the bottom for about 10-15 minutes and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, using jam of your choice apply a generous amount. I used berry and mango jam.
- With the left over crust set aside in a bowl, apply over the jam covering all the jam.
- Bake for another 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow the bars to cool down before cutting and serving. You are ready to enjoy!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.