Berry and Mango Breakfast Bars
These breakfast bars are very easy to make. They are perfect for on the go, as well as toddler/kid approved! Instead of making a full batch of a specific flavor, I made half berry jam and the other half mango for a variety. You could also use fresh or frozen fruit to make your own filling, if you have the time.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes - 50 minutes total (depending)
Total Time: Around 1 hour
Yield: 15x10 pan
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- mango jam
- berry jam
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut unsalted butter into cubes.
- In a large bowl, add all your dry ingredients and butter.
- Mix throughly. I find mixing with my hands is the most efficient.
- Lining your baking pan with parchment paper, pack the crust you made to bake. Save a little over a cup for the top crust.
- Bake the bottom for about 10-15 minutes and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, using jam of your choice apply a generous amount. I used berry and mango jam.
- With the left over crust set aside in a bowl, apply over the jam covering all the jam.
- Bake for another 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow the bars to cool down before cutting and serving. You are ready to enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!