Making Buffalo Cauliflower
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
October 4, 2017
I love buffalo wings so much but I really can't be eating all that much fried chicken dunked in fatty sauces all the time. Bring on the buffalo cauliflower! This alternative is delicious and a fair bit better for you. Cauliflower is packed with vitamins, protein, and fiber.
I made this one in an air fryer but have added instructions for the oven. Works well in the toaster oven, too!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ranch or bleu cheese dipping sauce (I used yogurt ranch)
- If you are using an oven, preheat it to 400 F. To get your cauliflower segments to stay together nicely and not crumble, first cut in half vertically.
- Cut again to make quarters, then cut from the center stalk outward into smaller bits to make little tree-like formations.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter for 30 seconds.
- Add the hot sauce to the butter, mix well.
- Dip each floret in the sauce mixture, coating as much as possible but let the excess sauce drip back into the bowl.
- Dunk the dipped floret in the breadcrumb and salt mixture.
- Place floret in air fryer basket, or greased baking sheet if you're using an oven.
- If you're using an air fryer, theres no need to use a single layer. If you're using an oven, lay in a single layer. Air fry at 350 F (do not preheat) for 15 to 20 minutes, or bake in oven at 400 F for 20 minutes.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.