Making Buffalo Cauliflower
A great way to have a healthy snack is to make buffalo cauliflower to dip in your favorite sauce. Cauliflower is packed with vitamins, protein, and fiber.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love buffalo wings so much but I really can't be eating all that much fried chicken dunked in fatty sauces all the time. Bring on the buffalo cauliflower! This alternative is delicious and a fair bit better for you. Cauliflower is packed with vitamins, protein, and fiber.
I made this one in an air fryer but have added instructions for the oven. Works well in the toaster oven, too!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ranch or bleu cheese dipping sauce (I used yogurt ranch)
- If you are using an oven, preheat it to 400 F. To get your cauliflower segments to stay together nicely and not crumble, first cut in half vertically.
- Cut again to make quarters, then cut from the center stalk outward into smaller bits to make little tree-like formations.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter for 30 seconds.
- Add the hot sauce to the butter, mix well.
- Dip each floret in the sauce mixture, coating as much as possible but let the excess sauce drip back into the bowl.
- Dunk the dipped floret in the breadcrumb and salt mixture.
- Place floret in air fryer basket, or greased baking sheet if you're using an oven.
- If you're using an air fryer, theres no need to use a single layer. If you're using an oven, lay in a single layer. Air fry at 350 F (do not preheat) for 15 to 20 minutes, or bake in oven at 400 F for 20 minutes.
October 6, 20170 found this helpful
You again! I have cauliflower and I am going to try this Sunday but in my smaller oven - still too hot for the oven in my neck of the woods.
Really sounds good. Thanks again for your neat and delicious recipes.
October 7, 20170 found this helpful
Me again! Haha! :D Please do let me know what you think of it. It's one of my faves!
October 11, 20170 found this helpful
Okay - I tried these.. They were very, very good and so easy. I love vegetables and truthfully, cauliflower does not have a lot of flavor/taste all by itself but this puts it in a whole new category. I believe even people who detest cauliflower might like this.
Thanks again for new tastes - you seem to be able to find great new ways for even less desirable food items.
Read More Comments
October 13, 20170 found this helpful
Excellent! I'm so happy you made them and enjoyed them!
Maybe you can send me a list of foods you're not into and I can "fix" them ;)