Making Crochet Lace Gloves
Add an air of elegance and times gone by to your outfit with a beautiful pair of crochet lace gloves. This is a page about making crochet lace gloves
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read More Comments
These are the epitome of feminine! They are deceptively easy and a nice finishing touch for your fancy outfit this summer.
Total Time: About 3 hours
- "0" 3.25 mm steel crochet hook
- about 125 yards #5 nylon thread
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Ch 34.
- Dc in 4 th ch from hook, 1 dc in next ch, *(1 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) in next ch, skip 1 ch, 1 dc in each of next 2 ch, repeat from *, 1 dc in last ch.
- Ch 5, turn. Skip first 4 dc, *(3 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) in ch 3 space, skip next 4 dc, repeat from *, skip last 3 dc, 3 dc in 3rd ch of turn ch.
- Ch 5, turn. Skip first 4 dc, *(3 dc, ch 3, 1 dc) in ch 3 space, skip next 4 dc, repeat from*, skip last 3 dc, 3 dc in 5th ch of turn ch.
- Repeat last step 12 times more.
- Fold bottom half towards you, ch 1, turn.
- **On this pattern, there is not a corresponding number of chains on each side. Therefore, you will have to line the edges up as evenly as you can while making this seam**.
- Work 9 sc through both thicknesses, 12 slip stitch through the layer closest to you only, 11 sc through both thicknesses. **Do not fasten off.
- Turn your glove right side out, ch 1. sc in same space as ch, 44 additional sc around the top edge. Join with a slip stitch to the first sc, fasten off.
- Attach your thread with a sc to the bottom edge of your glove. Work an additional 58 sc evenly, join with a slip stitch to the first sc.
- Ch 1, sc in same space as ch, *skip 2 sc, work (3 dc, ch 2, 1 dc) in next sc, skip 2 sc, work 1 sc, repeat from*, ending with skip 1, join.
- All set!
Don't let the pictures fool you, these are actually quite easy to make. If you can single and double crochet, you can make these feminine and elegant gloves. What a special gift these would make for a beautiful bride! She can even keep them on when that handsome groom is placing the ring on her finger.
These gloves would be great for any romantic dinner. They are a long glove that should hit right between the elbow and wrist.
Ladylike gloves are making a big come back right now. These also could be made for a wedding or prom.
These delicate lacy crochet gloves are perfect for a tea or other formal occasion. This is a page about making scalloped lace gloves.