Making Crocheted Newborn Mitts
Protect your precious infant from her growing nails with these sweet mitts. This is a guide about making crocheted newborn mitts
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
You don't want your new little sweetie scratching their face, so make them these mitts! These would very easily become suitable for a baby prince if you left off the wrist ruffle and stitched in blue. These are super easy and fun to make. Enjoy!
Total Time: About an hour
Yield: As many as you like
- "h" crochet hook
- tiny amounts Caron Simply Soft yarn
- 2 coated rubber bands, about 1'' across
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- These are crocheted with a rubber band so that they stay on your little munchkin's wrist. They are not too tight, just enough so they don't fall off. Attach yarn with a single crochet to a rubber band.
- Work 23 more sc around rubber band, join with slip stitch to first sc.
- Chain 1, sc in BACK LOOP ONLY in same stitch and each around. Join with a slip stitch in first sc. (You are leaving the front loop so as to have a place to attach your ruffle later on. If these are for a prince, sc in BOTH loops for this row and simply leave ruffle off. :)
- *This row and each one after is now worked in BOTH LOOPS* Chain 2, half double crochet in next stitch and each around. Join with slip stitch to top of chain 2.
- Repeat last row 3 more times.
- Chain 2, make half double decrease, *1 hd in next stitch, decrease in next stitch*, repeat from * to * till end. Join to chain 2.
- Chain 2, decrease around. Leave long tail for assembly, finish off.
- You will still have a little opening at the top of your mitt. Turn inside out and whipstitch closed with embroidery needle. Weave in end and turn right side out again.
- Now you will be going back to those free loops at the bottom of the mitt. Attach with a single crochet in one of the loops. Chain 3, single crochet, chain 3.
- In next loop, sc, chain 3, sc, chain 3. Repeat this in each loop around. Join with slip stitch to first sc. Finish off and weave in ends.
- This is what you should have.
- Repeat one more time so that you have 2. Enjoy!
November 15, 20140 found this helpful
So oh cute.