Making Decorative Planter Pots
Take any plastic planter pot and paint it to spice up your garden decor. This is a great project for kids and teens and could also be used to decorate a gift plant.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a fun project to add a bit of color to your garden. I use a lot of plant hangers in my yard and adding some color to the pots really adds color to my garden. The pots are easy to paint and can last for years as long as you protect the pots with a coat of varnish.
Total Time: 2 Hours
Yield: 1 Decorative Pot
- new or used plant pots
- various colors, acrylic paint
- bamboo stick
- paintbrush or sponge
- sand paper
- white acrylic paint
- Use the sandpaper to sand the outside of the pot. The paint sticks better to the pot and won't peel off.
- Apply your first coat of paint to the pot. This is a coat of white acrylic paint. Allow it to dry.
- Now apply your second coat of paint to the pot. You can paint this any color you choose.
- Decorate the pot using your bamboo stick. I dipped the end of the stick in the paint and started applying the paint to the outside of the pot. Here you can add lines ad texture to the pot. Use as many colors as you like to create your design. Get creative and make your design look like a feature or even a tree leaf. This is all up to you and what you want to do. There is actually no right way to do this. Just have fun and be creative.
- After the paint has dried, apply 2 coats of varnish to the outside of the pots. Allow the first coat to dry before applying the second coat. Now plant your plants in the pots, display them in your window, or hang them around your yard.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.