Making a Tupperware Planter

Category Planters
You can make a decorative, functional planter from an old Tupperware breadbox or other container. This is a guide about making a Tupperware planter.

In 2014, I posted and won for my recycled Tupperware pet food and water dish. I unearthed it the other day and I just couldn't make myself give it away.

So I made it into a colorful planter!

Total Time: 1 Hour

Yield: 1

• 1 Tupperware bread box
  • 2 cottage cheese or sour cream tubs
  • pen
  • scissors
  • 15 yd your choice of yarn color
  • varies depending on size glass nuggets
  • hot glue gun, glass, or E-6000 glue

1. Tracing around the edge of the tubs lightly, you want to cut inside just a bit so the lip will work. Remember you can cut a bigger hole, but you can't cut a smaller one.
  2. Fill the planter or just use the empty tubs and fill in what space you can with the glass nuggets. You won't be able to do all the spaces or you wouldn't be able to get the tubs back in so make sure they set in there before you start to decorate it. Use the hot glue gun or if this is to go outside use glass or E-6000 glue.
  3. Ad

4. With the hot glue gun, start the yarn on the end you won't see much or the back. Wrap around and glue at each corner, but if you desire the effect I show, angle the yarn to cross itself. It's more fun that way! I also put a few nuggets on the front, too.

Top Comment

I am so sorry about Cornelius. I remember your posts that had photos of him and how I always thought he was so handsome and sweet. I love your tribute to him.

Top Comment

Thanks for that. I was about to put it in my donation station in my clubhouse but then just couldn't. Now things will grow for as long as I can remember him. That will be a long time.