Fixing Tupperware Lids That No Longer Fit

Category Other
Heat and weight may be able to help you reshape your Tupperware lids. This is a guide about fixing tupperware lids that no longer fit.

I know I can get a replacement lid for this old gem. But, I don't want to spend the money. I got this home and washed it, and found the lid didn't fit. So I just got one of my new (never used) hair bands and made it work.

Now I have a mini salad bar inside the fridge!

N-JOY!

I "redo and make new" jewelry. For all the many drawers and such I have my beads in, I always need a specific place to keep the "pieces parts". So yesterday I was at my local "mercantile" and found this for $1.00. I now have the tweezers and findings I need, and all the broken and yet unstrung stuff I have that I need to break down and reuse their parts.

Recently I posted the solution for a round Tupperware that didn't have the carrier. This one too presented a "carrying" challenge but I found pretty much the same solution. With two headbands at each end, I wrapped them into themselves and put a piece of carved stone in to "lock" it.

N-JOY!

This is for the tupperware knowledgeable. I've heated up food in cereal bowl sized tupperware containers with the lids loosened and now the lids are curling up. Nothing I do will flatten them out and they don't stay on securely since they are no longer flat. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kim from Cleveland

Answers

Best Answer

My MIL always says to run them through the dishwasher and then put them back on the base when they are still hot from the dishwasher - and let them cool. They will usually reshape then.

Otherwise see about getting them replaced.

By Marna (Guest Post)
Best Answer

You could try putting them in boiling water for a couple of minutes, taking them out, putting them under a flat plate and weighting the plate with a large can of something. Worth a shot.