Making Dyed Pasta (Preschool Activity)
Preschoolers love to play with dried pasta. This colorful variation offers even more activity possibilities. This is a guide about making dyed pasta (preschool activity)
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This colored pasta will keep your little one occupied. You can use them for sorting, play food, threading onto a string, and sensory play.
- ziplock bags
- food coloring
- For each color you would like to make add a teaspoon of vinegar and a few drops of food coloring to a ziplock bag.
- Then, add a cup of pasta.
- Seal the bag tightly and hand it over to your little one to shake and mix to coat the pasta with the color. Do this with each color.
- Lay the pasta out in one layer, making sure not to let the colors touch. Lay out in the sun to dry. If it isn't sunny, I would place it in front of a fan for a few hours. Note: If it is really hot in your area, it would be wise not to let them sit in the sun for too long. These were out in the sun all day and I think they may have become brittle because of this.
- Once completely dry let your little one have at it. I gave my son a stiff plastic string and he had a lot of fun making necklaces with the colored pasta.
March 31, 20161 found this helpful
Colorfully dyed pasta is a perfect non toxic toy for preschoolers. Learn how to make it with this short video.