Making Felt Wand Pointers

Category Simple Toys
Cut out felt shapes such as hearts and stars and glue onto dowels to make felt wand pointers. Instructions follow.

I made a similar wand with scrapbook paper and cardboard for dress up/play or to complete a Halloween outfit, but here's a felt version! I can't believe I didn't think to use felt to begin with!

These felt pointers are really versatile. While they can also be used for dress up/play, it is a learning/teaching tool. My son had a school project for teaching a class lesson about the continents. I saw he was struggling to point with his fingers and covering his entire poster, so I thought to make this wand. The other wands made with cardboard would make a noise when you point the wand on the poster, so with felt it is quiet. This felt pointer helped him with his lesson and his classmates were able to see his beautiful poster.

Feel free to change the star and shape to any shape/design you would like.

Total Time: 15 minutes

• wooden dowel
  • hot glue
  • felt
  • scissors

1. Stack two felt pieces together and cut out your shape. By doing so, you will get two of the same exact shapes.
  2. Advertisement

3. Hot glue the pieces together against the wooden dowel.
  4. Repeat for any other shapes you want to make, like this heart.

Crafts Crafts For Kids Simple ToysMarch 10, 2020
🌻
🐰
🍀