How to Make a Ribbon Wand
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
July 25, 2018
These are perfect wands to make for a girl's birthday! Or for your child to play with. Your child can play with this wand at home, during dress up, or outdoors. They are very inexpensive to make and are made with items you may already have around your home.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- cardboard scrap
- paper or packaging scrap
- hot glue
- 1 chopsticks
- heart gem - Optional
- Figure out what shape you want for your wand topper (example: star, heart, triangle, etc). I punched out two hearts from scrap packaging I had.
- Trace the heart shape onto a scrap piece of cardboard and cut out.
- In the center of the heart, place a chopstick or wooden dowel and trace to cut out.
- Using your choice of 1/8 inch ribbon, cut your desired length and quantity. I cut each ribbon at least 12 inches.
- Grab all the ribbon and secure with a knot.
- Glue cardboard heart to one paper heart. *I ended up cutting a little more cardboard off.
- Use a generous amount of hot glue and secure knot in place.
- Flip knot of ribbon up and use another generous amount of hot glue and secure chop stick in place. Apply more hot glue around.
- Glue the other heart on top of the chopstick and ribbon.
- As a finishing touch, optional decoration for the wand - I kept it simple and put
on a heart gem with hot glue.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.