Making Fleece Dog Toys
A simple, inexpensive pet toy can be made with this fabric. This page is about making fleece dog toys
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
July 28, 2005
Heading out to a pet care store to buy your dog toys gets expensive. These toys are easy to make. You can use different material, make different shapes, and each toy can cost you less than a dollar! (And don't mind that the picture doesn't look as neat as when you first make it. My dog couldn't even wait for it to be finished before grabbing it.)
- fabric remnant of fleece (fuzzy or flannel types both work) that allows for two pieces 12x12 inches for small dog, 16x16 inches for medium dog, or 24x24 inches for large dog
- fiber fill or quilt batting
- fabric scissors
- Cut out two squares based on the size of your dog (see supplies for measurements).
- Place fabric wrong sides together.
- Cut slits from edge inward 1 to 1-1/2 inch wide and 3 to 4 inches long around all four edges of fabric.
- Knot each slit of fabric to the same slit on the other piece, but leave 3 to 4 inches open on one side so that you can put in the batting.
- Stuff with batting or fiber fill.
- Once it is stuffed to your satisfaction, knot the remainder of fabric.
Then, let the dog go at it. They love to throw it around or chew on the knots. Read More Comments
This is a page about making a braided fleece dog toy. You dog will love this easy to make braided tug-o-war toy.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.