Making Fresh Coconut Milk
Read More Comments
Fresh coconut milk is delicious and used in cooking a number of different dishes. You can use coconut milk in cakes, coffee, to make a curry sauce, or over the top of raw, marinated fish. It's easy to make fresh coconut milk.
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 2 cups fresh coconut milk
- 1 fresh shredded coconut
- 1 white dish towel
- 1 bowl
- Wet the muslin, white dish towel in water. Afterwards squeeze all the water from the towel. You just want your towel damp when you use it. It can't be soaked in water.
- Put a handful of fresh shredded coconut in the middle of the towel. Bring the towel up around the coconut to form a pouch.
- Hold the open end of the towel with one hand. Use your other hand to start turning the end of the towel with the shredded coconut inside. This is the same as wringing out your clothes.
- Continue turning the end of the towel. You want to squeeze the towel as tightly as you can. When turning the towel the milk will start to drip down. Hold the towel over the bowl of shredded coconut.
- The coconut milk starts to press out of the fresh shredded coconut the tighter you squeeze.
- After youve finished squeezing or pressing the shredded coconut you're left with fresh coconut milk in your bowl.
- Use a second bowl and lay the towel over the top of the bowl. Start to pour the fresh squeezed milk into the towel.
- Lift up the towel and make the same pouch as you did before. This time you will squeeze the end of the towel to get the last of milk out of the shredded coconut. This separates the small pieces of shredded coconut from the milk.
- Now you have a bowl of pure coconut milk you can use for a variety of things. I love to cook with coconut milk, use it for baking cakes, with coffee as a creamer, or I put fresh coconut milk over the top of raw marinated fish.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A coffee filter is a very good filter to run fresh coconut milk through. Comes out clean, with no little pieces or dust of the shell. Just place the filter on top of a cup or bowl and pour the coconut liquid through slowly.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.