Making Garden Stakes

Category Plant Markers
A variety of materials can be used to make these plant supports. This page is about making garden stakes.

I've been wanting garden stakes, but I wanted to make my own. So I finally came up with this idea. It's cheap and it works for me, just might work for you too.

Directions:

1. Look through your magazines or catalogs, and cut out pictures of whatever you like (I cut small pictures of butterflies, flowers, birds, etc.)
  2. Advertisement

3. Trace that picture onto the used greeting card, then cut it out. On the card stock you can write anything you want, like the name of your flower, date when planted, or just anything you want.
  4. I used a Popsicle stick to add glue to the card stock cutout. Then glued my picture and the card stock together. Put the Popsicle stick in between both cutouts, only gluing in about 2 inches of the stick.
  5. With packing tape I covered it all except the Popsicle stick (be sure you cover all the paper with tape to protect it from the elements).
  6. Advertisement

7. I put mine in my garden, it rained the next day and my garden stakes held up from the hard rain we had. :) This frugal project is so easy even a child can do!
  8. By Jacquelyne Jean J. from Salisbury, MD

Garden art can be beautiful and functional at the same time. Here is an easy and inexpensive project that allows you to add a personalized touch to your garden and potted plants. With supervision, this project is an easy one for kids, and best of all, no "crafty" skills are required.

Garden stakes in ceramic jar.

To remember what has been planted in your garden, you can make simple Garden Stakes made with skewers. You simply attach the label on front and secure it with tape.

Bamboo Skewer Garden Stakes

This is a page about making soda can plant labels. There are a great number of craft uses for empty aluminum soda cans.

The crafter/gardener will delight in they ease of use for making decorative plant markers.

Soda Can Plant Labels

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Don't forget to decorate outdoors for Valentine's Day. Learn how to make these fun craft stick hearts to add to your entryway planters or even to houseplants.

Heart Garden Stakes - a purple and a pink heart shape with green stems

There are a variety of materials that can be used to support your garden plants. Whether you need to tie up a tree, shrub, or large flowering plant consider using pieces of PVC pipe.

They are durable and can easily be cut to the length you need.

PVC Pipe as Garden Support/Stake - PVC tree supports

Crafts Garden & Yard Plant MarkersJanuary 13, 2013
🐛
😎
📓
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Garden-Stakes.html