Making Heart Garden Stakes
Don't forget to decorate outdoors for Valentine's Day. Learn how to make these fun craft stick hearts to add to your entryway planters or even to houseplants.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a project for making cute and thrifty heart/Valentine conversation candy inspired garden stakes. They are perfect to place as outdoor decorations for a pathway, in your planters, or even use as party decorations (place inside a vase with rocks or other decorations so the stake could stand).
Total Time: 40 minutes
- packaging tape
- hot glue
- acrylic paint, paintbrush
- craft sticks
- Paint the craft sticks. For each heart, I needed 5 sticks. (I used the colors Carousel Pink and Lavender - you may use any color you would like.) Allow sticks to dry.
- Once dried, flip craft sticks around and use packaging tape to secure the sticks in place.
- Cut into the shape of a heart.
- With the scraps, you could actually make this dog shaped, but I taped the scrap sticks to my heart to finish the heart curve.
- Optional - write out your conversation word to trace (or you can paint directly with paint.)
- Trace your printed word with paint. I used cadmium yellow acrylic paint.
- I hot glued smaller craft sticks (already colored green) to my heart and then you are ready to stake these hearts in your garden or a potted plant.