Heart Garden Stakes
Here is a project for making cute and thrifty heart/Valentine conversation candy inspired garden stakes. They are perfect to place as outdoor decorations for a pathway, in your planters, or even use as party decorations (place inside a vase with rocks or other decorations so the stake could stand).
Total Time: 40 minutes
- packaging tape
- hot glue
- acrylic paint, paintbrush
- craft sticks
- Paint the craft sticks. For each heart, I needed 5 sticks. (I used the colors Carousel Pink and Lavender - you may use any color you would like.) Allow sticks to dry.
- Once dried, flip craft sticks around and use packaging tape to secure the sticks in place.
- Cut into the shape of a heart.
- With the scraps, you could actually make this dog shaped, but I taped the scrap sticks to my heart to finish the heart curve.
- Optional - write out your conversation word to trace (or you can paint directly with paint.)
- Trace your printed word with paint. I used cadmium yellow acrylic paint.
- I hot glued smaller craft sticks (already colored green) to my heart and then you are ready to stake these hearts in your garden or a potted plant.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.