Making Grape and Edamame Caterpillars
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
October 22, 2018
These little caterpillar decorations are easy to make. You can use wire or toothpicks to hold them together. If you use wire, you can make them slither around. So fun!
I upcycled a bunch of grocery ties to get my wires. As these have wires and toothpicks inside, they are meant to be decorative, or as an adult snack.
- thin wire
- cooked edamame
- black sesame seeds
- If you're using grocery ties like I did, strip the paper off them.
- Curl one end of the wire.
- Skewer some grapes onto the wire.
- When you get near the end of the wire, create a tongue shape, pushing the wire back into the last grape.
- Use a toothpick to poke eye sockets into the head, then put a black sesame seed into each hole. Add a seed onto the tongue area, if desired.
- If you're not using wires to make the caterpillar bodies, use toothpicks or wooden skewers.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.