Making Heart Lollipops

A cute Valentine's Day treat that you can easily make at home is heart shaped lollipops. This is a guide about making heart lollipops.

If you look around when you're out shopping, you'll notice how quickly Christmas turned into Valentine's Day. Here's a fun and edible craft turning your old holiday candy canes and Christmas sprinkles into new hearts for your Valentine.

I still had a box of mini candy canes laying around from Christmas that I wanted to use up. It was so easy to turn them into a yummy Valentine's day treat!

Total Time: 25 minutes

Yield: 3 lollipops

• mini candy canes
  • Wilton Cany Melts
  • candy bag or a baggie
  • lollipop sticks
  • sprinkles, optional

1. If you are using Wilton candy bags, follow the directions for melting on the box. Otherwise, melt Candy Melts according to package directions in a bowl and then once melted, pour them into a baggie. Snip off the tip.
  2. Ad

3. On a piece of wax paper, arrange two candy canes into a heart with a lollipop stick in the center.
  4. I found it easiest to fill the center with chocolate, by using a slight "pushing motion" as I worked my way from one end to the other. This helped get the chocolate into all of the voids. You can use a toothpick to smooth out the chocolate if you want.
  5. Ad

6. Once the entire heart is filled with chocolate, check to make sure the candy canes are still touching the lollipop stick at the bottom. Then top with sprinkles.
  7. Carefully move them to the refrigerator, keeping them as flat as possible. (Try moving the wax paper onto a cutting board, etc.) Remove them once the chocolate has completely set up.

Videos

View the full project here: Candy Cane Heart Lollipops

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes