Making Heart Lollipops
A cute Valentine's Day treat that you can easily make at home is heart shaped lollipops. This is a guide about making heart lollipops.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I still had a box of mini candy canes laying around from Christmas that I wanted to use up. It was so easy to turn them into a yummy Valentine's day treat!
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3 lollipops
- mini candy canes
- Wilton Cany Melts
- candy bag or a baggie
- lollipop sticks
- sprinkles, optional
- If you are using Wilton candy bags, follow the directions for melting on the box. Otherwise, melt Candy Melts according to package directions in a bowl and then once melted, pour them into a baggie. Snip off the tip.
- On a piece of wax paper, arrange two candy canes into a heart with a lollipop stick in the center.
- I found it easiest to fill the center with chocolate, by using a slight "pushing motion" as I worked my way from one end to the other. This helped get the chocolate into all of the voids. You can use a toothpick to smooth out the chocolate if you want.
- Once the entire heart is filled with chocolate, check to make sure the candy canes are still touching the lollipop stick at the bottom. Then top with sprinkles.
- Carefully move them to the refrigerator, keeping them as flat as possible. (Try moving the wax paper onto a cutting board, etc.) Remove them once the chocolate has completely set up.
February 21, 20130 found this helpful
I still had a box of mini candy canes laying around from Christmas that I wanted to use up. It was so easy to turn them into a yummy Valentine's day treat! View the full project here: Candy Cane Heart Lollipops