Making Homemade Flubber
Kids will love to play with this easy to make homemade flubber. This is a page about making homemade flubber
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Homemade flubber is easy to make and provides hours of fun for your little ones.
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup Elmer's white glue
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tsp borax
- liquid food coloring
Editor's Note: Use your own discretion regarding sensitive skin, as borax can cause mild skin irritation. We have not experienced any irritation while playing with the flubber, but you may want to wash your hands afterwards as a precaution. Enjoy!
- Mix the glue and cold water together.
- Add food coloring and stir well. Add more coloring until you achieve the desired color
- In a separate bowl, combine borax and hot water. Stir to dissolve.
- Slowly add glue mixture to the borax mixture. Mix well.
- Pour off excess water.
- Store the flubber in an airtight container or Ziplock baggie. You can even play with the flubber in the container to help limit any mess. Optional: You can add glitter to the flubber if you want. We added big pink flecks to ours.
This homemade flubber is a great toy for a preschooler. It can be used over and over again. Learn how to make it in this short video.