Making Homemade Get Well Cards

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 172 Posts

Closeup of card.I recently had a friend (who is a newspaper editor) go through a heart attack and I also have been talking to him through a dating site. I have never met him yet, but wanted to give him something that meant something instead of just buying a commercial get well card. I saw this idea on a blog and thought "how appropriate, he just had a heart attack and he is an editor"!

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

1. Cut craft book scrapping paper to fit inside the frame.

2. Using your best printing penmanship or if you do written calligraphy, pen "Every heart has a story to tell" in the upper half of your picture. Insert in frame when dry.

3. Cut four or five hearts out of the book. If you have a scallop scissors, cut around the hearts to give them a fancier edge.

4. Glue the center of the hearts on top of glass, in a place where there is no printing. I used my glue gun for this step, so the hearts can fan up.

Optional: It might be a nice addition to put a red arrow through the heart.

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, Iowa

Crafts Paper CardsJuly 8, 2014
🌻
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Homemade-Get-Well-Cards.html