Making Hominy?

I am trying to make hominy. I have gone through 3 pounds of dried corn and still I can't get it correct. I soaked it in pickling lime 1-3 days, in different batches. I can't seem to get the tips and husks off. I soak, I rinse, and then I boil. I have looked up many different recipes and still no luck. Please help if you have ever made hominy from dried corn.

By Joanne

I read in the foxfire books about 30 years ago, that the corn must be soaked in lye, but after reading your post, I wanted to make sure, so I went to the original source: the Native Americans...it IS lye!

paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/.../How-To-Make-Hominy.html

The "Foxfire" books, by the way,were written from interviews of the old people of Appalachia back in the '60's and very early '70's, by a high school in the mountains of Georgia. Them, and their ways, too, sadly, now live only in these books, which are a goldmine of how-to's and folklore.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking From ScratchSeptember 12, 2011
📓
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Hominy.html

Cooking From ScratchFood Tips