I stopped making traditional lasagne once the kids moved out because all the recipes I tried made far too much. This is enough for dinner and to freeze for the future. The noodles cook in the sauce. I am not a fan of no-boil noodles, so this saves a step for me. This makes enough for 6 servings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes in pressure cooker
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 lb ground turkey, broken into chunks
- 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 6 lasagna noodles
- In a bowl mix Parmesan cheese and cottage cheese.
- In a separate bowl combine pasta sauce, thyme, parsley, pepper, onion powder, and garlic salt.
- Add sauce to bottom of 7 inch spring form pan.
- Layer noodles, cheese mix, sauce and ground turkey. Repeat.
- Add a final layer of noodles and a thin layer of sauce.
- Top with a bit of Parmesan cheese and cover with aluminum foil. You may want to put some foil under the pan to prevent excess leakage.
- Fold a long piece of foil into thirds the long way to form a sling. This will make it easier to remove the pan from the Instant Pot when done.
- Add 3 cups water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Put the springform lasagne pan into the Instant Pot on top of the trivet, using the foil sling.
- Cook on high pressure using the manual setting for 35 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release all the way, about 10 minutes.
- Remove lasagna from Instant Pot using the sling as handles.
- Remove the foil covering.
- Open the springform pan. Cut and serve.
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 167 Feedbacks
February 10, 20220 found this helpful
My version is even faster and thriftier. I make it directly in the pressure cooker pot, with the pasta sauce as the liquid to provide pressure. Sometimes, I also use the saute function at the end to give the bottom a crispy crust. I replaced the stainless steel pot with a Nonstick pot so cleanup is a breeze. Finally, since my model is the Instant Pot Duo Crisp, I can also air fry the top if I want the cheese to be slightly browned.
I also omit all the spices since the pasta sauce is already spiced up. It has all those spices, especially the Italian spices. It even has Parmesan cheese.
With no need for a springform pan, aluminum foil or additional spices, I save money as well as prep and cleanup time. Since the pot is nonstick, cleanup consists of two drops of soap detergent on a sponge, a few wipes and a rinse with hot water.