Making Instant Pot Lasagne
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
February 21, 2019
I stopped making traditional lasagne once the kids moved out because all the recipes I tried made far too much. This is enough for dinner and to freeze for the future. The noodles cook in the sauce. I am not a fan of no-boil noodles, so this saves a step for me. This makes enough for 6 servings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes in pressure cooker
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 lb ground turkey, broken into chunks
- 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 6 lasagna noodles
- In a bowl mix Parmesan cheese and cottage cheese.
- In a separate bowl combine pasta sauce, thyme, parsley, pepper, onion powder, and garlic salt.
- Add sauce to bottom of 7 inch spring form pan.
- Layer noodles, cheese mix, sauce and ground turkey. Repeat.
- Add a final layer of noodles and a thin layer of sauce.
- Top with a bit of Parmesan cheese and cover with aluminum foil. You may want to put some foil under the pan to prevent excess leakage.
- Fold a long piece of foil into thirds the long way to form a sling. This will make it easier to remove the pan from the Instant Pot when done.
- Add 3 cups water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Put the springform lasagne pan into the Instant Pot on top of the trivet, using the foil sling.
- Cook on high pressure using the manual setting for 35 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release all the way, about 10 minutes.
- Remove lasagna from Instant Pot using the sling as handles.
- Remove the foil covering.
- Open the springform pan. Cut and serve.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.