Making Jam Pastries
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 107 Posts
November 14, 2018
Read More Comments
I received a book last Christmas called "Whole Grain Vegan Baking" and have recently have had a lot of fun making the recipes in it. The jist of these recipes is they replace the egg and dairy with potatoes, squash, and other vegetables, as well as, oils and vegan milk.
Total Time: 2+ hours
Yield: 8 pastries
Source: Whole Grain Vegan Baking
- 10 Tbsp marmalade or jam
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons natural nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup vegan milk as needed
- Put jam in small saucepan, and combine corn starch with water in small bowl and stir to dissolve. Add cornstarch mixture to jam.
- Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes stirring all along. Make sure to let cool thoroughly before using.
- Put flour in food processor.
- Add maple syrup.
- Add vanilla.
- Add nut butter.
- Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add nut milk as necessary to create a dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Divide dough in 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a rectangle.
- Place a couple tablespoons of the jam mix into center of rectangle.
- Seal the edges with a fork.
- Cut a ventilation hole in the top. Put on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 16 minutes and/or until brown.
Bring a French flair to breakfast or coffee. Raspberry jam and slices of creamy brie are rolled inside refrigerator crescents to make this sweet and decadent pastry. This page is about making raspberry brie pastries.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.