Making Meringue Cookies
December 31, 2019
Read More Comments
These sweet colorful cookies are today's special craft. I made this for New Year's Eve and again made especially for the kids since we have plenty of kids at home to celebrate with us.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Materials Needed
- piping bag
- assorted food color
- baking paper
- To make a meringue, beat eggs with cream of tartar until foamy. Start adding the corn starch, then gradually add sugar, about 1 tablespoon in each addition while constantly beating mixture.
- Continue beating until soft peaks form. The meringue will also start turning a silky white color. Then you'll know it's ready as it looks very stiff.
- Position pastry bag open in a tall glass.
- Dip toothpick in food coloring.
- Draw different lines/strips of food color inside the bag.
- Fill bag with meringue.
- Squeeze meringue on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Since it's for new year, I added 2020 figures.
- Bake in a 200 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes. But see to it that they don't turn brown.
- After the oven timer stops. Let rest inside oven for an extra hour.
- Serve and have a great New Year celebration.
Try serving melt in your mouth meringues with the cool taste of peppermint, what a treat. Learn how to make these yummy cookies in this page.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.