Making Nylon Stocking Pumpkins
A fun craft to make for fall holiday decorations. This guide is about making nylon stocking pumpkins
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make a nylon pumpkin using old pantyhose or footies. This can be a great project for fall.
Total Time: 2 hours (including drying time)
- 12x12 in square of nylon for size of pumpkin
- 24 + inches embroidery floss (orange)
- handful stuffing/fluff/cotton
- 2 scraps of fabric for the leaves
- 1 stem (I used a dry stem from a red pepper, but you could use a branch.)
- 1 orange paint (acrylic) and a paintbrush
- 1 hot glue gun
- Fill nylon sock with fluff.
- Tie thread around the place where the stem will be.
- Continue wrapping with thread to separate into segments; keep pulling tight to make segments. Tie at the top to keep all the thread in place.
- Paint the whole outside - let dry for about 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Cut fabric into leaf shapes.
- Hot glue stem and leaves in place.
Old or new nude colored nylons make great pumpkin decor. Use cotton to form a round ball. Tie at the end. Use orange acrylic paint to paint the nylon. When dry, place orange embroidery thread to make segments where you want. Hot glue a stick to hide tied and thread ends. Curl a green pipe cleaner around stick. Glue on a fake leaf and you have a wonderful decoration.
In This Guide