Making Panoramic Easter Eggs

I wanted to try making a panoramic Easter egg this year, my first time and while checking out different ways to make them I've come across some that use powdered sugar and egg whites and some are like yours that just need water and dye if your coloring the egg. So what's the difference between using just the water or using powdered sugar and egg whites? I'm not going to eat it, but do plan on sending some to my family, they're just going to be gifts. I would like to be able to keep them. I read if you do want to keep them, just wrap them carefully and put them in a box. I'd really appreciate your help with it comes to this project. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Best Answer

This recipe uses both egg whites and powdered and regular sugar. It makes a stiffer mixture that holds up better and takes the dye better. www.favfamilyrecipes.com/.../

I believe the difference in ingredients you are speaking of has to do with the type of egg you are using/making(?).

Panoramic eggs using sugars and egg whites are made in molds and the ingredients form the egg. You make the eggs with ingredients and create your scene inside one half and then joins the "sugar" eggs together and finish decorating the outside.

These are pretty sturdy and will last for an indefinite period of time if handled properly.

www.thespruceeats.com/panoramic-sugar-easter-egg-521387

www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-make-sugar-easter-eggs-520328

Panoramic eggs made using water and dyes are made with real eggs. The scenes are created inside and are much more delicate.

suzyssitcom.com/.../feature-friday-3d-panoramic-egg-tutorial...