Making Paper Globes
Folded paper circles are used to make these decorative paper crafts. This is a page about making paper globes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Simple folded paper circles are glued together to create a fun globe. Decorate with paper globe topiary or make several globes and thread on to a length of embroidery silk or thin wire to make a garland.
- assorted patterned papers
- glue stick
- 2 inch circle punch
- craft knife
- Cut or punch 20 circles on to the paper.
- Cut out a triangle from cardstock.
- Place the triangle pattern in the center of each circle and lightly draw around with a pencil to make the score lines.
- Score along the lines using the back of the craft knife blade.
- Lay the circles flat and gently fold up the flaps. Create top and bottom: With glue stick, glue flaps of 5 pieces together to make a dome. Repeat for globe bottom.
- Create middle band: Glue remaining 10 circles together.
- Glue first piece to last piece to form band.
- Glue globe top to globe band.
- Glue globe bottom to other side of globe band to form ball.
- To create paper globe topiary: Cut 3/16 inch hole at center of one paper circle to allow for topiary pole.
- Paint 3/16 inch dowel with apple green acrylic paint.
- Cut floral foam to fit into pot. Insert covered dowel into hole in paper globe. Insert dowel into center of foam. Cover pot with crumpled strips of tissue paper.
- Tie ribbon bow around dowel at base of paper globe.
By Maricel from Fairfax, VA
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.