Making Paper Letters
Pretty or bold paper letters can be used as a fun, personalize decoration for a party or even in your child's bedroom. This is a page about making paper letters.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The brightly colored letters shown here are easy and fun to make. They are cut from plain and patterned cardstock. You can use them as birthday accents.
- white and colored cardstock
- patterned cardstock
- ruler, craft knife, glue stick
- Draw the letter in your chosen font on white cardstock. Use as a template to cut out each letter twice from colored and patterned cardstock. Note: You can print out the name twice in your chosen font and enlarge on a photocopier to the size you want.
- To make the spacers between the letters, cut 2 1/4 inch wide strips from colored cardstock, making them slightly smaller than the letter so that they won't show when they are glued in place. Score and crease a half inch border down each side of the strips.
- Apply glue to the tops of the spacers and attach to the letter.
- Embellish the colored letter with flowers.
- When you stick the two letters together with the spacers, place the letters upright to ensure that when they are joined together they stand upright.
By HellofromMhay from Fairfax, VA
September 18, 20110 found this helpful
These are great.
Thanks for easy to follow directions and photos too! : )
September 23, 20110 found this helpful
Those are really cute. Good idea.