Making Recycled Paper Craft Templates

We all have so much paper that gets recycled every week, why not use some of the sturdier advertising mailings and political flyers to make your own reusable craft templates. They may not last as long as plastic ones, but you can always make more. This is a page about making recycled paper craft templates.

Some of the fat quarters that I purchase, especially those from Jo-Ann Fabrics are folded around a thin cardboard square. Rather than putting them directly into the recycle bin, I use them for templates when crafting or quilting. They will not stand up to extensive use, but are great for occasional or limited use.

This is the time of year when I am inundated with political mailings. So the ballot is in the mail and now I have all of this junk mail to recycle. I decided to use some of it to make circular templates. You can use a compass or just about any circular object you have around the house.

I made three different sizes using a compass, a Winnie the Pooh plate, and a glass mixing bowl. These paper templates are fairly thin so they won't last forever, but they work great for a special project. Happy crafting.

Crafts AdviceJune 6, 2018
🎃
🌻
🎂