Making Stenciled Tea Towels or Bags
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
November 21, 2017
I had some free eco-friendly bags and a simple tea towel that I decided to decorate. I will use them to wrap gifts for the holidays and not only save on wrapping paper (which wastes money and our resources), but will also be a pretty and useful gift for my recipients!
Total Time: 10 minutes
- tea towels or other cloth napkins or cloth bags
- painter's or masking tape (not shown)
- fabric markers
- stencils (or just freehand designs, initials or favorite sayings!)
- I used a piece of cardboard under the single piece of fabric just in case it bled through to the table. It didn't.
- Choose your design and lay in on your single thickness piece of fabric. Tape it in place.
- Using your fabric pens fill in your design template.
- Add colors that complement your design.
- REMOVE the template and any masking tape.
- Iron your design from the BACK of the fabric piece for 4 minutes.
- It really shouldn't bleed through much, but use a cardboard under everything if you want to be super careful.
- Simple, but pretty!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.